Re: muffler and flex connectors arrive, tips AWOL

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: muffler and flex connectors arrive, tips AWOL
From: "Seth" <sbunin@provide.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 11:15:29 -0500
I'm in desperate need of replacing my muffler on 1544 and was not to thrilled
about having to put the flowmaster on my car (I'm not looking to turn heads with
the rumble of the engine). Would you be able to take pictures of what your
setup
looks like and your opinion of the sound quality.

Thanks,

Seth Bunin

On 2/23/01, at 5:31 AM, alphachi wrote:

>Bassani SS Muffler
>The muffler arrived and for a muffler, it is a beautiful thing.  Shame to
>put it under the car.  Bassani was nice enough to throw in the mirror
>polishing due to the unannounced delayed turn around.  It is mirror polished
>all around including the extended outlets and the smooth case welds are
>exemplary.  Looking inside the muffler, all interior construction is
>similarly executed.  It's just a pretty thing.  But how does it work??  So
>Bassani gets A+ for customer relations and product construction.  The
>muffler weighs in at 21lbs.
>
>SS Flexible couplings by EpiFlex
>After a slight delay due to the critical eye of a company rep, the flexible
>couplings arrive. Again, the construction is first class, a heavy, tightly
>woven SS outerbraid, an interior bellow, and an additional inner SS braid.
>These are the Sherman tanks of flexible couplings!  The pair weighs in at
>7lbs.  This type of exhaust vibration absorption is very common in foreign
>auto and diesels and effectively removes that awful drone dual exhausts
>typically produce.  The B is probably the LEAST insulated production car
>ever made so every little bit helps.
>
>Gibson Performance tips
>
>well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
>
>stephan #2821