Paint codes

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint codes
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:59:38 -0500
I knew I'd seen the info on the paint codes someplace, but I was not able
to find it.  That's when I sent the email.

Thanks to Jim Riesinger 2450/ 546 - how apparently has a lot better memory
than I do - I found the codes.  The original paint codes are listed in the
Parts manual on page II.  The only problem with this is that I can NOT find
anyone that is dealing with RM.  So I've spent the better part of this week
running down leads, I've tried Du Pont, Sherman Williams, and a few others
to no avail.

A while back, someone mentioned that PPG listed the Bricklin in their paint
code books.  So this afternoon, after stopping at a couple of paint store,
that couldn't help, I found a listing for 1 PPG dealer in the metropolitan
area.  Guess what?  They don't do automotive!  He gave me a number to their
offices in Pittsburgh, so I called them.  While pleading my case, I was
passed from office to office.  All the while, hoping I was getting closer to
the Holy Grail.  I finally ended up with a very sweet young lady in Cleveland,
OH.  I asked if she could cross the numbers.  The interior color - Phoenix
Brown or Ginger crosses to a 71 GM Dark Sandle Wood, but she couldn't cross
it any further.  So I told her that I'd heard a rumor that they actually
listed the Bricklin, and could she look it up.  She said that she'd heard
of a Brick. and the next words out of her mouth were: "Safety Red, Safety
Green, Safety White, Safety Orange, Safety Suntan".  I could have kissed
her.  So the fruits of my labor are:

Color                   RM Code         PPG Code
Safety Red              5306R                   72183
Safety Green            5309                    45151
Safety Orange           5307 G                  60826
Safety White            5308                    90023
Safety Suntan           5310                    24258

So now I've got to try and get the Ginger and start painting my doors, and
then I'll get some red and start the body work!

Hope this helps someone else!!   If anyone has any luck find the paint codes
for anyother manufacturer, please let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

///
///