Newbie Info

Subject: Newbie Info
From: Ken/Judy Thompson <kthompson@totalaccess.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 06:28:22 -0600
I am just at the beginning looking stage for my Bricklin so I hope you will
be patient as I ask dumb questions.
For starters I need reference to a good descriptive book on how the car is
constructed and what equipment it has originally. For instance, I
understand that the body shell is fiberglass covered by colored acrylic
panels. How is the fiberglass attached to  the frame work, and how is the
acrylic attached to the fiberglass? And if the acrylic is removed , and the
fiberglass is painted, does the removal cause a mismatch between panels
because of the thickness of the acrylic? And how can I tell if this has
been done? And what are the general weaknesses to look for when inspecting
a potential buy?

thanks for the help.
Ken,XKE type

///