Steering Troubles

To: "Bricklin (E-mail)" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Troubles
From: David Ebel <david.ebel@visitalk.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:17:33 -0700
        Okay - got the brick in for repairs and maintenance.  I was looking
at the car's underside, when I noticed something quite disturbing.  At the
point where the steering column meets the gear box, there is a rubber joint
- that is supposed to decrease vibrations to the steering wheel.  Well, mine
is completely chewed apart, and when the wheel is turned, it does not make
contact with the other side of the column until a couple of metal pieces hit
up (about a fourth turn).  This is pretty bad - and the rubber joint thingy
will need to be replaced.   Has anyone done this?  I will be needing to know
where to get the part, and if there is anything tricky in the
installation...  (BTW, I was successful in fixing quite a few air leaks...)

Thanks a ton,
Dave

David Joseph Ebel   PCN: 3333-2222-1111
david.ebel@visitalk.com
visitalk.com - Software Developer
Office: (602) 776-2026 | Cell: (602) 315-9585
Owner- Bricklin #841 <www.davidebel.com>