Gelcoat vs acrilyc

To: "bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gelcoat vs acrilyc
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:52:14 -0400
The process Claude describes should work, but there are much easier ways to
paint a Bricklin. I have painted two bricks, both over twenty years ago, one
still looks great and the other I can't find. The method I used was to
straighten the car with 40 grit on a straight line air file the coat the car
with Feather Fill. This is a Polyester (fiberglass) based spayable filler.
It must be mixed just like fiberglass resin (uses the same hardener), but
sands much easier. My 75 will be painted with this method (acrylic really
bad) but my 74 will remain stock acrilyc. As I said the first one I did this
way was in 1976 and looks as good today as the day I finished it (except for
a few minor scratches)and has no cracking. Maybe I was just lucky but this
method seems to work if paint is in your future.