Re: Window regulator...

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window regulator...
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 17:37:53 -0400
At 10:59 AM 7/5/00 -0400, Chris Justus wrote:

>My car continues to be in the shop getting fixed up /
>improved... Hopefully I get it back before the summer is over... It seems
>to be a continuous state of being ready "next Friday..."
>
>Two things:
>
>1) The Window Regulator... Drivers side... I see on the part substitution
>list 2 items listed under regulator... Grainger #3x682 (adjustable) or JC
>Whitney 15ye7723t (80-100#)... I just want to check that this is the
>_window_ regulator, and not a regulator of something else? :)  Is one part
>perferable over another?

Chris,

   The regulator that your are talking about in the parts xref is for the
air door system, not the window regulator.  According to the info I have,
it is unique to Bricklin.  However, you might be able to get an AMC regulator
to work or possibly one from a Mustang of that era- I haven't tried.

>2) My car has been repainted (several times I suspect...) and over the
>course of time, the trim around the door has been changed / lost /
>whatever... I can actually see the road through my drivers side door when
>I'm driving... So you can imagine what it's like in the rain... The garage
>I've taken my car to isn't sure exactly how to fill this space... Can
>someone on the list take some close-up photos of their door and the trim
>so that I can see where it should be placed (on the door, on the frame,
>whatever...) Preferably someone with a relatively waterproof door (if such
>a thing exists :) )

There is supposed to be an outer seal that clips to the metal edge around
the door opening on the body, and an inner seal that is glued to the door
frame itself.  This should seal the doors and not let you see daylight
through the door.  At bottom of the door, when closed, you should be able
to put your fingers between the door and the sill plate so there is about
1/2 to 3/4" cap there.

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org