Re: stuff

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stuff
From: MCSE1758@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 19:16:59 EDT
Hi. Terry Tanner, the Bricklin Guru, has a web site with prices for just
about everything a Bricklin owner could possibly need.

www.bricklinparts.com

The air door kit costs a lot, and I've found a less expensive way to go
that's just as good.  I have a Grainger catalog with listings for some of the
parts.

Terry's electric compressor costs $300+, but the Grainger one costs $160.
The air control board costs $350, but you can build one quite easily for
about half that or less.  The air board has four electric solenoids (12v)
that act as air control valves.  the push button triggers the solenoid to let
air in and out of the air cylinders.   The solenoids are in the Grainger
catalog, and all that's needed is a metal plate to mount them on which should
be available at any hardware store.  I can get back to you with part numbers
direct from the catalog and prices, but my catalog may be slightly out of
date by a few months.  I'm not selling anything, just passing on info.
You can use the same cylinders you have now with the air doors, provided they
are not leaking.  Of course, they should probably be removed and
extended/compressed several times to get the hydraulic fluid out (messy).  My
car has been sitting for some time, but i used it for about a year with the
grainger compressor (manufactured by Thomas), and haven't had any trouble
yet.  Be sure and put a check valve as close to the compressor so air cannot
high current to the compressor.  My suggestion is set the outside keylock as
a switch for the compressor.  You unlock it, and the compressor turns on, get
in the car, and flip the lockout switch, and the compressor turns off.
You're covered if the air leaks out with this configuration...no Bricklin
Crawl!

Hope This Helps,
Riley F. Marquis III
VIN 1758