Fw: Speaking of emissions

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Speaking of emissions
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 23:25:55 -0400
FWIW, too lean increases HC also. Ideally, you want a
stoichiometric correct mixture (14.7 F/A) in the
idle/part throttle positions.

Deceleration creates HC due to high manifold vacuum
sucking exhaust back into the cylinder, diluting the
mixture to the point of borderline misfiring. A
throttle return solenoid to slow it's closing will
help this.

Retarding the ignition some will reduce HC also since
it raises exhaust temperature.

GM