Fw: Stress cracks

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Stress cracks
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:32:26 -0400

> Hi .....All ! In my Bricklin owners manual page 3
there is a article on
> acrylic repair , it says  to sand scratch with 400
or 600 grit sandpaper
> and after to buff it out to new finish ,but for
deep gouge can be filled
> with matching acrylic filler and after buffing ,no
trace of the gouge
> will be seen. If so I notice that people are saying
that the stress
> cracks are not right trough the body only the
acrylic not the
> fiberglass. So?
====
True.
====
 Do you think we can fill these stress cracks with
this
> acrylic filler ?
====
Yes.
====
 This would save us big time $$$$ for us .So does
anyone
> no if this matching filler is still available to
us?
====
Haven't seen any pre-mix since the dealer's body
shops unloaded whatever stock they had left. All but
white was a generally poor match on any but a new
panel due to fading.

The putty and at least some of the coloring agents,
or something very similar, are still available since
it is used to repair gelcoat finished fiberglass
boat/bathtub/shower/kitcar bodies.