INTERIOR PROBLEMS - ENGINE HOPPING

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: INTERIOR PROBLEMS - ENGINE HOPPING
From: "Bob Miller" <bricklinbob@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 20:24:44 CST
Hey folks-
I'm able to post now .. here comes a number of questions

I just got my Heat Shield roll from JC Whitney...I Need to re-carpet and I
read a while back that their was an article about it in Brickline...anyone
got that they can e-mail?
I'm a perpetual clutz and spill a gallon of coffee a month in my cars...I
was thinking of covering the interior Floors in black rubber over the heat
shield stuff...too weird? any ideas?

I'm planning on having a local Mustang restorer/rodder put in '69-70 high
compression heads w/big valves, and Edelbrock 4bbl, intake manifold, cam,
and 5.0 headers...any advice I could pass along to help reduce the labor
costs...yeah, yeah I know I'm not doing myself...god gives us all talents
and wrench turning ain't mine...wish it was though he estimates $1500- 1800
for the job in which he's gonna pull the engine and re-gasket the whole
thing and clean off the smog stuff...Bought my Brick in LA and am now in
Arkansas where they don't give a shit about that...(no smog tests yet..hell
the local politicos just nixed even having a safety inspection..Stupid!) I
thought I'd get in the engine compartment while its out and paint and
insulate..

Some of you offered advice on my doors...the interior switches allow up but
no down...One piece was to recondition the solenoids in the air door
panel...could you explain that to me a little s-l-o-w-l-y and in
depth...yeah you guessed it..I am blond

I guess that's enough for now...
thanx...it's been great reading yall's postings for the last couple of
months...hope to contribute in anyway I can
Bob at bobworld@earthlink.net
and now bricklinbob@hotmail.com
75 Bricklin

ps...can you post pictures on the bricklist? is there a mega byte limit?