Plenty of Problems in Plenum

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Plenty of Problems in Plenum
From: "Sheldon Chervin" <schervin@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:46:31 -0500
#762 was stripped of it's nose and fenders to give me a better Idea of how
extensive the rust was on the plenum and attached metal: It's bad......in
fact it's really bad: I removed the wiper motor and the hood latches to give
me a better Idea of how bad the rust is in the trough: There is some very
large areas open to the inside behind the dashboard: The driver side top
side of the Plenum is mostly gone: I will have to remove the top of the
plenum to faciltate the trough repairs: What I would like to do is replace
the plenum without removing the windshield and from my observations that
should be possible ( I may have to leave an inch lip of the old plenum
around the windshield): I also intend to Follow John Blair's excellent
article on removing the Dashboard........My mechanic friend tells me that
the plenum looks very familliar like perhaps out of an AMC Car......?Does
anyone know if that is true and what year and model car it comes
from.........? Anybody been thru a Plenum replacement yet.....? Any
advice......?Thanks and Happy New Year.....?
74 Bricklin Stick Shift #762
73 Volvo 1800ES
73 Jaguar XKE 2+2