Floor Pans

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Floor Pans
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:34:52 -0400
Hey gang, anyone dropped the floor pans from the birdcage?

I'm probably asking too late, at least for me, but several others have
indicated that they might be doing it in the near future.

For What It's Worth (FWIW) I did.  I positioned my birdcage on saw horses
that ran fore and aft.  When I went to pull the front pan, it was difficult
because the pan would bind on the saw horses.  I had the same problem with
the rear pan.

This weekend I've been working on putting the front floor pan back in.  Again
much trouble.  I tried to adjust the saw horses and raised the birdcage on
a 2x4 sitting on its edge.  All to no avail.  I finally ended up hanging
my birdcage from the ceiling of the garage with numerous ropes.  This also
caused some problems (messed up the rear quarter panels - I'll worry about
fixing them after I get the body on the chassis).

So since I've done it wrong, I guess we need an article on how to do it
right.  Anybody got a story?

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org