Re: 74 overheating problems

To: Jim Kelliher <ginjim@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: 74 overheating problems
From: George Schiro <gschiro@fraunhofer.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:07:48 -0400
I am thinking about openning  up the fake grill section in the nose to
improve cooling.  Cut or route out the slots and let air flow in
directly.  I haven't seen this done, but it aught to improve air flow as
long as there isn't a pressure dead spot over that area.

George Schiro

PS  I recently found a picture on the net of a red Bricklin street rod
where the owner had added six large vents in the hood, replaced the
pop-up headlights with small fixed halogens and fiberglass in the
quarter windows.  The car looks awful!  You can go too far with changes
to the design.