Any Bricklins in the GTA or KW areas?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Any Bricklins in the GTA or KW areas?
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:59:28 -0400
Hi there.

I'd really like to pay a visit to someone who's got a Bricklin with some of
the interior intact.  I'm trying to finalize the mounting position for my
new engine and tranny (a Mazda rotary engine and RX-7 5-speed), and I'd like
to know how far I can set it back and still have the shifter in an
acceptable position.

If I mount it so that the shifter lines up with the original one, then
everything fits OK, but the engine is further forward than I'd like it.  But
since my entire car is apart, it's pretty tough for me to have a real feel
for how far I can move the powerplant aft and still comfortably reach the
shifter.

Plus, I've never seen one in non-basket-case condition...  So if there's
anyone out there who's sympathetic to my plight, or who just wants to show
off his or her car, and you live in either the Greater Toronto Area or near
Kitchener-Waterloo, please get in touch with me so I can come sit in your
car with a measuring tape. :)

Thanks in advance,
--
Phil Martin                             pmartin@surgnav.com
"I'm a Charger, charging through the night,