heat/ac

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: heat/ac
From: Alan Coleman <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 06:15:06 PDT
I pulled out my dash last night and I could not believe the amount of duct
tape that the factory had used to seal connections and large gaps. While I
have the car apart, I'd like to make some improvements in this area and have
a few questions.

1. Has anyone installed the aux. blower motor that Terry sells? Where
exactly does it go?? Does it connect to the already overloaded blower
switch??

2. Because of the amount of current that runs through the blower switch, I
have had to replace it once because of meltdown (only once because I haven't
driven the car more than 500 miles in the last 17 years). Has anyone devised
a way to have the switch connect to a relay or relays to control the
blower?? If so could you share the info??

3. What is the best way to seal the connections and fill in some of the
gaps?? The duct tape I took off was fossilized and was not working to seal
the connections. What about the careful use of expandable foam that comes in
cans??

4. All of the foam rubber that is supposed to serve as insulation around the
unit is rotted. What is suggested in this area??

Thanks to everyone in advance for your input.

Alan  #246