Fw: Speedo Cable

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Speedo Cable
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 18:51:01 -0400
>Everybody
>passes me even if I'm doing 65 on the freeway.  Is it the speedo cable,
>or is everybody just jealous of my car?  =)
======
According to the R&T '74 road test, speedo error is extreme. Varying from a
measured 24mph at an indicated 30mph up to 67mph at 80mph, with the trip
meter indicating 10.0mi after only 8.9mi.

Based on this, my guestimate at 65mph indicated is actually 55-56mph. This
assumes the '75s have the same amount of error. At least you don't have to
worry about a speeding ticket.  :^))
======
> Would the guage problem have anything to do with the connections that go
> on the headlamp switch?
======
Tracing it out, or better still, using John's wiring diagrams should quickly
answer this.
======
> Thanks,
> Riley Marquis III
> Vin 1758
> P.S. I almost forgot my reason for this post: I need specific
> instructions on locating and disconnecting the speedo cable from the
> transmission.  Thanks.
======
Follow the shiny plastic coated cable exiting the firewall. The
disconnection means will be self evident.

GM