More on Door Props

To: "Bricklin List" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on Door Props
From: "Don Gillis" <gillis2@inorth.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 99 16:33:20 PST
Don't know if this applies or not. My Camaro was in for service last
summer. Camaro hoods are kept open by two small gas struts and mine need
replacement as they no longer hold the hood up. The mechanic pulled a
"special tool" out of his toolbox. It was a small clamp with two prongs
that wrapped halfway around the cylinder shaft. A round knob tightens
another piece down  to keep it tight against the shaft. It held the hood up
easily(only one strut was clamped). I think it would probably work on the
doors and would eliminate having to work around the mop handle or whatever
is propping the door open. I'n not sure if he bought this tool or if he
fabricated it himself. If anyone is interested I can ask him.
Don Gillis