Re: Doors.

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Doors.
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 22:22:48 -0500
At 10:04 PM 12/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am in the process of giving #2113 a total make over.  I pulled the engine
>out to dress it up and paint the compartment.
>
>The doors were working fine before I started,  However the passenger door
>does not want to go up now.  The driver door works fine.  The passenger door
>latch gets releases with the switch but no AIR to lift the door.  I can
>manually lift it.
>
>I have not looked into this all that much YET,  But I figured I'd ask where
>is the best place to start to save myself some time.

Gary,

   Someone else on this list had a similar problem.  His problem was a
kinked air hose to the affected door.  You can pull the air hose at the
connection to the ram and see if you are getting any air.  If not, which
I suspect or the door would go up, I'd carefully trace the air line looking
for a kink.  The only other possibility is that the solenoid on the air
distribution board is not functioning.  Try opening and closing the good
door and feel the solenoids.  This will identify which ones are for which
side and which ones controls the up and down.  Now move to the nonfunctioning
door and try to open and close it.  Do you feel the solenoid fire?  If not,
Then you'll need a volt meter to check for the control signal to the
solenoids.
If you don't have the control voltage, the problem is most likely a bad
connection at the switch you are using or a bad switch.  Try checking all the
connections, and spay some tuner cleaner (WD40) if nothing else into the
switch
and working it.  If the contacts are dirty, this might clean them.  Otherwise
replace the switch.

Not having a wiring diag. of the doors, makes it hard to tell you what to
look for.  But if you know much about electricty, you might be able to
jumper the switch to check it.

If the solenoid isn't firing, and you had the control voltage, you will
have to replace the solenoid.  Again, to test the questionable solenoid,
swap it with the good UP on for the other door.  (If the air lines are
long enough, simply swap the air lines.)

Hope this helps.

BTW, I see you got your email working.  Were you running Outlook?  What did
you have to do to get it working?

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi