Pedal to the metal.....

To: "Bricklin (E-mail)" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pedal to the metal.....
From: "Scott R. Olson" <scottolson@cascon.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:19:24 -0500
Ok,  my brakes have totally failed.  You can press the brake pedal to the
floor with no stopping action.  Ichecked the resivior and there is still
brake fluid (none has leaked out) So.....
What do you guys assume has happened?  My best guess is that my master
cylinder needs to be replaced.  Whever part of the car that has the plunger
attached to the brake pedal, I assume is worn and not holding it's seal.

What part do I need to order and how long does it take to replace (not
counting re-bleeding the brakes)
I am hoping this is a fairly easy to find, easy fix.  Otherwise I can't even
move my car onto a flatbed, as my e-brake doesn't work!

So if there is any help out there,  I would appreciate it.
I am going to start looking for the master cylinder,  but I am in TX and my
car and manuals are in Chicago.   I am going to be back in Chicago for half
a week,  so I kinda need to do my best to diagnose the problem without
looking at the car...

And how do you remove the resivoir from the power brake bell anyways?

-Scott #466