Re: Fw: Ball Joints / Tie Rods

To: "Bricklin@autox.team.net" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: Ball Joints / Tie Rods
From: "Somerville, Drew" <Somerville@kafb.aero.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 06:38:00 -0700
However, lets not forget that every one of us who has done this many times
has had to ask "how" the first time!   Obviously, the procedure is perfectly
safe when proper techniques and equipment are used and no special skills are
required - just the knowledge of how to go about it correctly.  That
information is readily available via numerous repair manuals and for those
possessed of some mechanical skill and general experience in automotive
mechanics replacement of ball joints and any other component on the Bricklin
is straightforward.  Although cautionary warnings are essential lets not
exaggerate the difficulties here and discourage anyone from learning.  The
bottom line is if you don't know how to do it right, learn first before
attempting the procedure.  This is good advice for any procedure - just more
necessary when potential catastrophic events can result from improper work -
this applies to many automotive system including brakes, tires, drivetrain,
etc.  which DIY'ers work on routinely.

Andrew