Whats My Car Worth?

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Whats My Car Worth?
From: GodlyKrew@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:04:12 EDT
Hey, all...

I was wondering what 1758 is worth...

Here's more info.

1975 year
Safety Orange Acrylic
Partial air door upgrade-works but not complete
Things fixed/upgraded:
        All new cooling system
                Re-cored factory radiator
                new hoses
                new lower coolant bottle under radiator
        Upgraded rubber boot
Needs:
Drivers door rebuild w/ updates and new skin
Interior restoration
        Pull dash
        pull carpets and seats
        A/C modification
        Insulation upgrade
        New carpet and seats
        Install center console-fair condition, included w/ car
        install speakers/radio
        new knob for wipers
        New Tach
        fix bad connection for Fuel guage light
Adjust doors and headlamps
Must use manual actuator-unknown cause
fix fiberglass cracks
replace door seals for door(birdcage seals are new)

I really paid too much money for this car ($6950) considering its condition.
I bought it from two guys who mickey moused the hydraulic system wiring.  The
hydraulics have since been removed and replaced with a Thomas contiunous duty
air compressor that will boost to at least 135psi, Campbell Hausfield 5 gallon
air tank, air line, and a rebuilt air board.  Have Alarm system with pager
hooked up but not completely installed.  Manual included.  I also have a pair
of speakers but they may not fit considering the rear wheel wells.  Center
console is included but may need re-upholstering.
Right from the start we put $1100 in the car to fix the cooling system.  The
previous owners did not take care of the car at all.  I have dreamed of fixing
her up, but currently lack the time and money to do so.  Plus, I have a
$14,000 education on the line, as various car problems have kept me from
getting to school.  Total investments in the car, including purchase price,
are at least $10,000.  Hurts to sell, but at this point I may have no choice
if I am going to fulfill the requirements of my education.

NOTE: If anyone is willing to buy the car from me, fix it up, and re-sell it
to me approximately 1 year from now (or later if more convenient) for a
profit, please contact me.

Based on the above info, what's my car worth?  Any offers? I need to sell so I
can have a down payment on a new Ford ZX2, which will give me reliable
transportation until my financial situation improves (it's hard to live off $6
an hour).

If anyone wants to restore the car and sell it to me for a profit once ready,
that's cool too.

Riley Marquis III
VIN 1758
(714) 312-7986 Pager/Voice Mail -Leave Voice Mail
GodlyKrew@aol.com
Westminster, CA USA (Orange County area, about 45 min drive from Disneyland)