Re: Windshield wiper motor

To: "William H. Whitney" <bill-whitney@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Windshield wiper motor
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 08:54:24 -0400
At 08:51 AM 5/10/98 -0400, William H. Whitney wrote:
>Hi, everyone...
>
>Latest problem in my 1974 occurred yesterday. The windshield wiper motor
>began running erratically at the lower speed. It would run fine, then
>get slower. Finally it just died at that speed. The higher speed seems
>to be OK. Sounds like the motor needs replacing. Is there another
>solution? If not, what is the recommendation for a replacement?

Bill,

   There are several options here:

   1. Take the motor assembly off the car and tear it down.  Check/
      replace the brushes, clean the comutator, and grease the mech. mech.
   2. Take the motro assembly to a local electrical motor/generator/
      automotive electrical shop.  They should be able to rebuild it.
   3. A replacement motor should be from a circa 75 Mustang or any AMC.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V