Team Knight Rider Show

To: "'Bricklin@autox.team.net'" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Team Knight Rider Show
From: Michael Mitchell <MICHAELM@bcgsys.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 11:05:22 -0500
This is a repeat ... not sure if the first mailing got out okay (I
didn't get a copy). The original message had GIF files attached. I will
attempt to send them seperately.

I decided to do a little research on the Team Knight Rider episode that
included a Bricklin. I found out that there are a number of sites
dedicated to this show, and e-mailed a number of people about that
episode. The letter and list of people I e-mailed follows...

I'll keep you all updated on my progress. Hopefully, we'll get some info
on the car featured in the episode. If you would like to check out the
episode specifics, start at http://www.teamknightrider.com/ . If any of
you on the mailing list can assist, I would appreciate any help I can
get!

Michael V. Mitchell
# 1155 - Akron, Ohio

The e-mail was sent to:

jasonkirk@geocities.com; hawkone@BellSouth.net;
mike@teamknightrider.com; d9712377@mail.connect.usq.edu.au;
webmaster@wbnx.com; ucfkr@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu; ledmaster@ibm.net;
knt2000@aol.com; pvango@aol.com; hedgehog@cybercomm.net; speed@nstc.com;
raven@kenton.com; karr1982@geocities.com

[Letter Starts]

Hello Cyber Neighbors!

I am a fellow surfer with a real life interest in automobiles. One of my
associates told me about a TKR show you may be able to assist me in
researching -- given your interest in TKR and/or Knight Rider. The show
is episode # 110, "Oil and Water", which aired the week of 12/8/97 and
concerns the "Hydro 2000". Although I have not seen the show, friends of
mine have identified (and I've since tentatively confirmed by pictures
on one of the TKR Ring Websites) that "Hydro 2000" is a Bricklin SV-1.
(They knew I'd be interested, since they have seen mine!! I certainly
would enjoy seeing a 20+ year old car in a show playing the part of a
futuristic car!!)

I belong to an organization dedicated to the preservation and tracing of
each the Bricklins - Bricklin International. Less than 2,900 of the
Canadian production cars were built during 1974 - 1975 and are
(obviously) rare. (I own # 1155 - a green produced on April 15, 1975.)
There are many items of interest about this car -- not the least of
which is the gull-wing doors and acrylic body -- and others too numerous
to mention in this e-mail. [If you would like further information, check
out the website @ http://129.189.4.248/ or contact me again -- I would
be happy to add more detail, or direct you to our organization, Bricklin
International.]

And now, for the help!

*       Who would we contact for further information? Is there someone
directly involved with the show that we can get further information
from?

*       It appears that the car was destroyed -- was this in fact the
case? If so, can we find out the owner and (full) serial number? [The
full serial number would be desirable, since the car in the show has
been modified -- only 5 original colors were produced - green, white,
tan, orange and red - it would be helpful to know the original color
from the serial number.]

*       Could we get a copy of the episode for our archives? Many of our
club members would be interested in acquiring / purchasing a copy of
this particular episode - are they available for sale?

I am sending this to you with the hopes that you can provide some
information for us / me to follow-up on. Any information on the episode
or otherwise would be extremely helpful. Please accept my apologies if
I've e-mailed you in error!

My sincere appreciation!

[Letter Ends]