Bricklin Performance...

Subject: Bricklin Performance...
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:39:26 -0400
On Monday, September 29, 1997 9:01 PM, Christopher A. Demato
[SMTP:cdemato@orion.it.luc.edu] wrote:

> I am new to this service, but have been following the Bricklin for a
> year now.  I was curious as to if there are any times for 0-60mph as well
> as 1/4 mile times, slalom and skidpad results, etc.  I love the car, but
> am a true SPORTS car enthusiast and cannot see the Bricklin running hot
> times with a 3 speed automatic trans.  That seems to be the only flaw
with
> this car, and it is a damn shame nore people aren't aware of this beauty.

Hi there.  It's funny you should focus on the 3-speed auto.  There's an
awful lot more hindering the car's performance than that... ;)  It's heavy,
heavy, heavy at over 3500 lbs, has an ancient live axle, leaf-spring rear
suspension, numb-on-centre recirculating ball steering, and a seriously
detuned engine.

Of course, most of that can be either fixed or worked around... Wish me
luck!  ;)
--
Phil Martin                         pmartin@isgtec.com
"Did you ever like a bad dream?