Re: Brick Roster

To: gschiro@qsky.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brick Roster
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 17:41:35 -0400
At 10:47 AM 9/4/97 -0500, you wrote:

>The car is off the road and in my garage.  I'm begun disassembly of #678
>but have been spending most of my time (as available!) doing research
>and developing a plan for it.  As you may have gathered from my earlier
>e-mails, I intend to make it a high performance custom vehicle while
>retaining as much of the original Bricklin character as possible.
>
>I had planned to swap in an AMC 401 but wanted to upgrade the automatic
>transmission as well.  I just learned that the Chrysler 727
>transmissions sold to AMC have a custom bolt pattern so ordinary
>Chrysler transmissions won't fit.  This, and the limited munber of
>performance parts for the 401,  made up my mind to go for the following
>powertrain set-up:  A MOPAR 440 engine ( about 500  bhp), an A-518 MOPAR
>heavy duty four speed automatic and a Ford 9" posi-traction rear end
>with disk brakes from a Lincoln Versailles.

George,

   You need to talk to  "Somerville, Wallace A" <somervil@vafb.aero.org>.

He's doing something similar:
   "Just for kicks I have engineered a supercharged 5.7l Chevy TPI
    engine(475 HP) and drive train for installation in the Brick -
    no mods to the car required."

I just picked up a 9" Ford posi also.  However, it will be a while before
I put it in the car.  You might want to write up something about the
conversion process as you do it.  However, according to Terry, it is a
bolt in with the exception of the emergency brake.  Even the orig. wheels
fit.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire