New Web Site http://bricklin.shel.isc-br.com

To: "'Bricklin@autox.team.net'" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Web Site http://bricklin.shel.isc-br.com
From: Ron Auger <ron.auger@isc-br.isc-br.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:16:22 -0400
To all,

So far, I've received three responses that they can access the new site and two
that say they can't. John Blair seems to be going back and forth (can/can't).
Some people, at different times, are getting an error that there is not a DNS
entry for http://bricklin.shel.isc-br.com. DNS (Domain Name Service) servers
are machines within each network on the internet that convert the reference to
'shel.isc-br.com' to a network address, a number like 129.189.4, so that the
request can be routed along the internet to the intended destination LAN. I
don't know what is making the DNS reference intermittent but I'm getting the
networking department for my company to look into it.

Keep trying and let me know if it is consistent (one way or another).

Note:
During the work days (M-F 9-5 EDT) the machine that hosts this site may be
periodically rebooted to maintain other partitions. If you were accessing the
site at the time, you would get a different error than the one being discussed
- "The server doen't have a DNS entry". If you try to access when the machine
is down your browser would time out with an error like "No response from ..."
or "Can't reach site ...". The reboot should be infrequent, only during the
above hours, and only for the next few weeks.

Ron Auger