Re: Chrysler A-500 and A 518 Transmissions

To: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrysler A-500 and A 518 Transmissions
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:46:09 -0400
At 02:42 PM 6/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone had experience with swapping in either the Chrysler A-500 or
>A-518 four speed transmissions with overdrive?  The MOPAR Performance
>techline says they have the same bolt pattern as a 727 and will fit the
>AMC blocks.

George,

  Don't know about the Chrysler.  However, I know the Ford xmissions can
be replaced with the later model Ford Automatic OverDrive xmissions.  While
the xmission bolts right up, it does take a little fatitzelling with the
linkage and kickdown linkage.  So I'd assume that you might have the same
problem.

John
It
ev Schiro