Sill plates

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Sill plates
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 11:23:32 -0400
Hey gang,

  As most of you know, I'm doing a frame off on 887.  I'm now starting on
replacing the sill plates.  I'm wondering if anyone else out there has
done this and have any pointers.

   I just got the fiberglass side panel off the floor pan.  Now I can start
to try and fix the rust and damage I did trying to get the sill plate off.

   I'm trying to figure out if there isn't a better way to do the drivers
side.  I think I told you that I rally butchered the pass. side "A" and "B"
pillers  where they meet the sill plate.  I couldn't really get a drill up
in there to drill out the spot welds.  I ended up using a die grinder with
cutting wheels on it and cut the hell out of the area.  I figured I'd fix
the damage once I could get in there and work.

   I am toying with trying to remove the drivers side panel from the floor
pan before I try to cut out it's sill plate but I don't know if it's
possible.  If I don't get any better ideas for you all, I'll try that once
I get the pass. side welded up.

   I'm also working on an article about replacing the sill plates.  But
since I haven't finished the project, I haven't finished the article.

   Any thoughts you have on the subj. will be appreciated.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire