Paint and Acrylic Removal

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint and Acrylic Removal
From: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 10:24:40 -0500
Gentlemen,

As I plan to remove the cracked and crazed acrylic on VIN 678 that had
been painted over (black), I began experimenting with removal methods.
Using paint stripper and fine steel wool, I removed a small section of
paint and acrylic.  What I saw was a layer of paint, a layer of primer,
a layer of acylic ( white ) and finally a base of light brown
fiberglass.  Does the brown fiberglass sound corect?  Obviously, this
approach will take too long for the whole car but may be useful for
certain areas.

George Schiro