Re: [Bmcu] Steel wheel repair

To: gary <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Steel wheel repair
From: Jonathan Hermance <jhermance@earthfax.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 16:07:02 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: bmcu@autox.team.net

------=_Part_12332149_1487354283.1369778822596

Thanks Gary. Pyles it is. Maybe we should ask to buy their jig and tooling =
and go start a small business or at least take some pictures of their equip=
ment and go duplicate it for our own use :)
Jon

----- Original Message -----From: gary <gary@cs.utah.edu>To: Jonathan Herma=
nce <jhermance@earthfax.com>, R J DAVIS <rogerdavis87@msn.com>Cc: bmcu@auto=
x.team.netSent: Tue, 28 May 2013 15:51:46 -0600 (MDT)Subject: Re: [Bmcu] St=
eel wheel repair

I believe you mean Pyles 3154 S 300 W. I stopped there last week hoping the=
y could straighten some steel wheels but they said they don't do it any mor=
e.
=20
Sent from my LG Optimus G&trade;, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

------ Original message ------From: Jonathan Hermance Date: 5/28/2013 2:39 =
PMTo: R J DAVIS;Cc: bmcu@autox.team.net;Subject:Re: [Bmcu] Steel wheel repa=
ir

Roger,
On 300 West around 2800 South on the west side of the street is an alignmen=
t shop whose name, I think, begins with H. They have a sign on the front of=
 their building that is/was yellow. About twelve years ago I had an old boy=
 there straightened five Volvo wheels amazingly well for me. He used a subs=
tantial jig to which he clamped the wheels with all the necessary attachmen=
ts to check run-out in all directions and all the levers, clamps, dollies a=
nd hammers to straighten out any bends or dings that had not split the meta=
l. The old boy is gone, but the  tools were still there five or so years ag=
o when I took my BMW to them for a four wheel alignment that cost me $90 in=
stead of $180 charged by BMW Murray for the same people to do the same work=
. Soon after that having seen the equipment still there, I took my MG TD wh=
eels to them. They told me they were looking for somebody who knew how to u=
se the equipment but had no one at the time to do the work. I took my wheel=
s home, beat on them a little myself and haven't been back. The shop might =
now be worth a try. Sorry I can't pull out their name or recognize it in th=
e phone book.
=20
Jon
=20
----- Original Message -----From: R J DAVIS <rogerdavis87@msn.com>To: bmcu@=
autox.team.netSent: Mon, 27 May 2013 17:18:07 -0600 (MDT)Subject: [Bmcu] St=
eel wheel repair
=20
Has anyone had any experience with a steel wheel repair company in the SLC =
area.  I have a slightly bent steel wheel and would like to get it "trued."
=20
Roger D
=20

------=_Part_12332149_1487354283.1369778822596

d tooling&nbsp;and go start a small business or at least take some pictures=
 of their equipment and go&nbsp;duplicate it for our own use&nbsp;:)</div>
br />To: Jonathan Hermance &lt;jhermance@earthfax.com&gt;, R J DAVIS &lt;ro=
gerdavis87@msn.com&gt;<br />Cc: bmcu@autox.team.net<br />Sent: Tue, 28 May =
2013 15:51:46 -0600 (MDT)<br />Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Steel wheel repair</div>
 S 300 W. I stopped there last week hoping they could straighten some steel=
 wheels but they said they don't do it any more.</p>
 from my LG Optimus G&trade;, an AT&amp;T 4G LTE smartphone<br /></span></s=
pan></div>
gnment shop whose name, I think, begins with H. They have a sign on the fro=
nt of their building that is/was yellow. About twelve years ago I had an ol=
d boy there straightened five Volvo wheels amazingly well for me. He used a=
 substantial jig to which he clamped the wheels with all the necessary atta=
chments to check run-out in all directions and all the levers, clamps, doll=
ies and hammers to straighten out any bends or dings that had not split the=
 metal. The old boy is gone, but the &nbsp;tools were still there five or s=
o years ago when I took my BMW to them for a four wheel alignment that cost=
 me $90 instead of $180 charged by BMW Murray for the same people to do the=
 same work. Soon after that having seen the equipment still there, I took m=
y MG TD wheels to them. They told me they were looking for somebody who kne=
w how to use the equipment but had no one at the time to do the work. I too=
k my wheels home, beat on them a little myself and haven't been back. The s=
hop might now be worth a try. Sorry I can't pull out their name or recogniz=
e it in the phone book.</div>
.com&gt;<br />To: bmcu@autox.team.net<br />Sent: Mon, 27 May 2013 17:18:07 =
-0600 (MDT)<br />Subject: [Bmcu] Steel wheel repair</div>
mpany in the SLC area. &nbsp;I have a slightly bent steel wheel and would l=
ike to get it "trued."<br />
------=_Part_12332149_1487354283.1369778822596--

Bmcu@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive