Re: [Bmcu] Watch out for those deer!

To: Robert Markmann <rfmarkmann@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Watch out for those deer!
From: Bruce Oblad <bruce.oblad@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:35:10 -0700
--===============1667892042==

--f46d040f9ba61a4dd404b467f68f

Remember if you see one, look for others.  I was in a minivan full of guys
going golfing at Midway and we all fixated on a deer crossing the highway
and didn't notice the next one just hopping into the lane from the tall
grass.  Bam!  The short hood flipped up and smacked the windshield while
fur and legs tumbled in fury beside us.  It crushed the A/C condenser and
destroyed the grill and headlight.  The poor deer was a giant blood clot.
 I think deer/car collisions kill more motorists than all other wild animal
encounters combined.
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah,
Bruce Oblad

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Robert Markmann <rfmarkmann@aol.com> wrote:

> Simple advice :  you have been driving to work for over 40 years and then
> hit a deer.  So perhaps retirement at 40 years of service could have
> avoided this mishap. Just a suggestion.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 17, 2011, at 8:29 PM, Andrew Frink <andrew@drooartz.com> wrote:
>
> > Insurance folks have the car now, should hear about the extent of the
> damage in a day or two. No idea if it's fixable, but so far our insurance
> folks have been easy to work with.
> >
> > I do a lot of miles in these deer-infested areas, and this is my first
> "encounter" -- and hopefully my last!
> >
> > On Dec 17, 2011, at 3:21 PM, Edwin Petersen wrote:
> >
> >> Over my 44 plus years of work driving each day into the west of
> Brigham, I
> >> had three encounters with deer.  I expect that I was the winner because
> none
> >> of the deer are alive to talk about it.  However, in each case,
> insurance
> >> totaled my car.  For a few years of that time I drove a Triumph
> Spitfire.
> >> The reason that I stopped driving the Spitfire to work was because
> rabbits
> >> would do to the small British cars what the deer would do to big
> American
> >> land yacht's...
> >>
> >> With any luck your car is repairable?
> >>
> >> elp
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/rfmarkmann@aol.com

--f46d040f9ba61a4dd404b467f68f

Remember if you see one, look for others. =A0I was in a minivan full of guy=
s going golfing at Midway and we all fixated on a deer crossing the highway=
 and didn&#39;t notice the next one just hopping into the lane from the tal=
l grass. =A0Bam! =A0The short hood flipped up and smacked the windshield wh=
ile fur and legs tumbled in fury beside us. =A0It crushed the A/C condenser=
 and destroyed the grill and headlight. =A0The poor deer was a giant blood =
clot. =A0I think deer/car collisions kill more motorists than all other wil=
d animal encounters combined.<div>
class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Robert Markmann <spa=
n dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rfmarkmann@aol.com";>rfmarkmann@aol.com<=
/a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Simple advice : =A0you have been driving to =
work for over 40 years and then hit a deer. =A0So perhaps retirement at 40 =
years of service could have avoided this mishap. Just a suggestion.<br>

Sent from my iPhone<br>
On Dec 17, 2011, at 8:29 PM, Andrew Frink &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:andrew@droo=
artz.com">andrew@drooartz.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Insurance folks have the car now, should hear about the extent of the =
damage in a day or two. No idea if it&#39;s fixable, but so far our insuran=
ce folks have been easy to work with.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I do a lot of miles in these deer-infested areas, and this is my first=
 &quot;encounter&quot; -- and hopefully my last!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Dec 17, 2011, at 3:21 PM, Edwin Petersen wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Over my 44 plus years of work driving each day into the west of Br=
igham, I<br>
&gt;&gt; had three encounters with deer. =A0I expect that I was the winner =
because none<br>
&gt;&gt; of the deer are alive to talk about it. =A0However, in each case, =
insurance<br>
&gt;&gt; totaled my car. =A0For a few years of that time I drove a Triumph =
Spitfire.<br>
&gt;&gt; The reason that I stopped driving the Spitfire to work was because=
 rabbits<br>
&gt;&gt; would do to the small British cars what the deer would do to big A=
merican<br>
&gt;&gt; land yacht&#39;s...<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; With any luck your car is repairable?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; elp<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:Bmcu@autox.team.net";>Bmcu@autox.team.net</a><br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target=3D"_blank">=