Senior Citizens Concours reminder

To: BMCU Membership <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Senior Citizens Concours reminder
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:59:18 -0600
Don't worry about the program deadline being past -- just bring your car
to South Towne Expo Center 10am to 8pm on Thursday, and you can register
on the spot.

We're hoping for a great turn out of BMCU member cars.
    --Gary Lindstrom
    BMCU Newsletter Editor and Webmaster

- - -
 From the August newsletter:

Once gain, we need your help and support! As you know, the 35th Annual
Concours d'Elegance Car Show will be held, at the South Towne Exposition
Center, 9575 South State, Sandy, Utah on Friday, Saturday and Sunday,
August 25, 26, and 27, 2006. We scheduled the show this year for August,
rather than October, hoping that this would make it more convenient for
you and the public.

Last year's show was the most successful ever in our thirty-four year
history. We were able to donate $45,000 to the senior citizen centers,
our traditional charity. Last year we also had more antique, classic,
sports and hot rod cars at the show. Thank you for your support.

We are expecting this year's show to do even better as we are expecting
to attract 20,000 to 30,000 paying visitors over the three-day show.
This year we are excited to have the support of more sponsors and car clubs.

Many of the past participants in the Concours, who were initially
opposed to the new location and format, were pleasantly surprised last
year to find that weather was not a worry, security was tight, and the
entire weekend was devoted to enjoying fine automobiles and the
companionship of fellow hobbyists. Many of our participants left their
cars for all three days and returned to the Exposition Center only when
they desired.

Once again, the Concours, the senior citizens centers, and the future of
this aspect of our hobby need your help. Please make a commitment and
calendar to bring one or more of your collector cars to this show in
August.

If you have any questions, or if we can provide any other assistance,
please contact any member of the Concours d'Elegance Executive
Committee. See you in August!

Sincerely yours, Ardell Brown, Chairman, Concours d'Elegance Executive
Committee.