Koni rebuilding?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Koni rebuilding?
From: pault151@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:23:12 +0000
My fronts have been declared 'badly worn' by my mechanic.  Just checking - is
there a fount of knowledge here or somewhere you can link me to, regarding
whether it's worth taking them out and getting them rebuilt?
Cost?
Turnaround time?  (don't have spares handy, etc. so loss of car during
turnaround)
Recommendations?
*not certain if new replacements are still available
**as they've been used in "racing contests" not even going there regarding the
lifetime warranty
***rears were replaced ~40K after all were installed, blew seals, probably an
application error; anyway, apparently not as worn as fronts.

Thanks,        Paul T.