Stockton

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stockton
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 02:22:00 -0700
Chas,
I would not leave a car at the Fairgrounds overnight.  They've managed to
reduce the theft problem DURING the events (often have a security guard
roaming, though not always).  But sometimes folks even drive around the
cones that are left up overnight Sat>Sun and mess 'em up.  (The basic course
is often run backwards on Sunday from the Saturday layout with detail
changes.)

Haven't stayed in Stockton, as I only live an hour from there.  And our SFR
site doesn't list hotels there.  The area around the Fairgrounds is a little
rough.  There are hotels in the 2 star and up classification just a couple
of miles north of Charter Way on I-5 (which is the Fairgrounds exit) at
March Lane, west of I-5.  Cheaper ones are Comfort Inn and La Quinta as per
Orbitz.com.  Or the Days Inn Stockton is on Charter Way west of I-5, some
ways from the rough section.  You might call one of those places and ask
about trailer parking, which is probably also better by the Interstate on
account of truckers.

Hope this helps.  If you run the event stop by and say hi!
Paul T.  #35 STX -  SHO Taurus, white