Stud Conversion kit torque? Hankook RS2-Z212 pressure?

To: "Bay Area AutoX" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stud Conversion kit torque? Hankook RS2-Z212 pressure?
From: "David Skeehan" <davidskeehan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 07:52:16 -0700
I posted this on the forum but haven't gotten any stud torque thoughts.
Please see below.  Thanks...

I got wheels with 12mm bolt holes but my car's bolt are 14mm. So the fix for
now at least is a stud conversion kit. I installed them on Saturday.

But it seems that the holes in the hub where I screwed in the studs go all
the way through. So it never seems to get to a point where I can torque it.
Am I doing something wrong? Am I just supposed to count the number of turns?
I was worried if i kept turning I would bend the rotors or something.

I used blue Loctite. I torqued the bolts over the wheels to my stock torque
of about 88 ft/pounds.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Also, my new tires are Hankook RS2-Z212s 225/40/18. Max pressure is 50psi. I
was running my Goodyear Eagle F1 @ around 42-45psi. Are these stiffer? Any
recommendations for a starting point are appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave Skeehan
2004 VW R32, #074 T1-DS