Alternator rebuilds in SF Bay Area?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, norcal-saac@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Alternator rebuilds in SF Bay Area?
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:49:50 EDT
I believe one of the diode plates in my Z06's alternator fried this
weekend...only getting about 13.4 volts at freeway speed with no accessories on

(usually 14.6) and it drops to 13.1 as soon as I turn on the climate
control...then 12.9 is I hit the brakes or use a turn signal.

Does anyone know of any shops locally that rebuild alternators? It looks
like the new ones are not too user friendly, so I think I need a professional
shop. I'd rather do business with someone local who uses high quality
replacement parts than just buy one from an unknown source.

Thanks
Mike Wood