Re: New Street Prepared Street Tire Class

To: Raza Uddin <raza.uddin@Gmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Street Prepared Street Tire Class
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:28:09 -0800
On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:55:25AM -0800, Raza Uddin wrote:
> I ran BSP all last year, but on street tires for the majority of the
> events.  Does the new class allow someone like me whose car is modified for
> BSP rules run in a separate class from regular BSP with the only stipulation
> that I use street tires with a treadwear rating higher than 120?

The class, which I believe is being designated "T2", is a class where
any car prepped for any Street Prepared or Street Mod class can run on
street tires with treadwear of at least 140.  The times are adjusted
using the RTP/PAX index for the car's home class, to determine order
of finish.

For those who were around two years ago when we had one big Street
Tire class, this works the same way.  All Stock class cars on street
tires can now run in "T1".

The old combined ST class was one of the largest classes in terms of
average number of participants.  It may take a while for T2 to get
going, because no street tire class for SP/SM cars was offered last
year.  I think once word gets out and people decide what they're doing
for the year, it ought to catch on.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94