RE: Injured Civic

To: "Mark L" <markcbr@yahoo.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Injured Civic
From: "Thana, Peter" <peter.thana@roche.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:20:15 -0700
Yes, that was a very sad site.  I hope everything turns out for the
best.  On a related note, if anyone knows of a good source of
swap-orphan stock Honda engines and/or a good local Honda engine
builder/machine shop, let us know.  It is quite tricky because there
were small internal changes between model years on these D16A6 engines,
but since all the cars are so old and have probably had motor changes
before, it's hard to know which year the engine originated.

For an engine builder we would be looking for someone who can do a
quality stock rebuild, nothing special.  Well maybe Mark is looking for
something special :)

When I say "we" I mean all of us.  Tom's Civic (the one that I drive)
has 216k miles on it and still runs well, but we know something like
this could happen any time.  So we are always looking toward the future.

Thanks,
Peter