Re: FW: CA Tire Standard Issue Update

To: Viet-Tam Luu <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: FW: CA Tire Standard Issue Update
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:16:06 -0700
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 11:01:34AM -0700, Viet-Tam Luu wrote:
> I bet you could realize a significant (and almost cost-free) reduction
> in statewide fuel consumption if you just got everybody to keep their
> tires properly inflated. It's amazing how many cars I see driving
> around with half-flat tires.

Oh, and that's the other part of the story.  My nutty housemate made
up for the loss of gas mileage from the new tires by running higher
pressures than recommended in the owner's manual.  So, um, why isn't
that a proposal in The Document?

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94