RE: SFR Technical Inspection Rules

To: "'Richard Urschel'" <osp13@mybluelight.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SFR Technical Inspection Rules
From: "Navid Kahangi" <navid@xperformance.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:39:47 -0800
I had the same issue at round 2.  I had talked a couple of people into
attending the event and one of them got dinged for the same exact thing.  He
had a K&N cone filter on a flexible hose, but it wasn't bolted down.  The
filter was not moving more than a 1/2 inch on either side and was not in
danger of hitting anything.  We ended up taping up the filter to secure it
down.

I had never heard of this rule, but seemed like less trouble to tape it up
than to argue the point.  I really don't think that left a good impression
on the first-timers though.

I tend to agree with Rich; If we are going to have more stringent
requirements for tech than what the National rules state, we need to write
them down somewhere and make them available.

--Navid