Re: Bent wheel repair

To: "ba-autox Bay Area AutoX" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bent wheel repair
From: "Scott & Charlotte Miller" <bimmerdogs@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:01:36 -0800
>Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:18:28 -0800
>From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
>Subject: Bent wheel repair
>
>Does anyone know of a south bay area shop that can repair bent
wheels?
>I bought a set of Miata wheels for a great price, but I've discovered
>that one has a bent rim.  I know that there are a couple of shops out
>east that I can use if I am willing to ship the wheel.  I'm hoping
for
>someplace local.

In no particular order:

Wheels America in Union City - famous for one price fits all, unless
the wheels are "highly polished".

Wheel Techniques in Campbell - supposedly pretty expensive.

Pacific Rim in Pittsburg - Priced somewhere in between the other two.

No personal experience with any of these.  I only needed refinishing,
not repair or straightening, so I went to a powder coating place
instead.

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA