Marina: the wicked witch of the west is dead.

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Marina: the wicked witch of the west is dead.
From: "Anthony Tabacco" <tony@atarchitects.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:20:35 -0700
Nevertheless, Saturday's event in Marina will be "monitored" on a more or
less continuous basis by the Airport. I understand they will be there all
day checking on their obligations with the FAA and the City. I spoke
extensively to the Marina Motorsports people and we are all in accord that
many of the things we need to deal with are not too common sense but that is
the world we are gong to live in for awhile. For this Saturday, we will be
sharing the overall site with a kart event to the north, but there will be
only one entry point to the site allowed. This will make for an interesting
circulation (and liability) path through our area because the direct
as-the-crow-flies-taxiway will not be allowed to be used. The upshot of this
is that we will have a continuous access route all around the perimeter for
use by the kart folks. This means that the pit area will be limited to the
east finger, and Mathew and I will make sure everyone fits, even if you have
an (over the top for autox)  transporter. It also means all the kart folks
will need to sign liability waivers to transit our site. There will be a
safety/circulation plan posted on the motor home, the site entry table,
registration, and probably in the Library of Congress, which will show all
the site elements. Please make sure you check it out, particularly how the
grid and course return will need to work. We are going to have to provide
two full time traffic control people, not a particularly fun job. I have
arranged for brownies (real high calorie ones) for these high isolation
drudge jobs. Everyone be on your best behavior, except on course. The course
remains fun, fast, concrete and, depending on turnout, probably four runs.
See you there.
Tony