Auto-x Weekend

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net (ba-team.net)
Subject: Auto-x Weekend
From: racer_c@attbi.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:01:21 +0000
Well, "The Relentless Pursuit of Auto-x Schooling" went off well in spite of
Mother Nature's attempts to stop us. Almost all the students showed up and hung
through the continuing downpour to get more seat time after lunch. The free
pass for the next day's race was a show of good will which shines a positive
light on SFR's Club. I heard quite a few nice comments from the students too.
Kudos to Paul and Alan for a well run event. Never mind the elements!
I co-chaired the Sunday event at the Stick with Peter Thana. I think we named
the course "A River Runs Through It". Thankyou to all the early setup crew who
showed up. Pete and Vernon - filled in at the tap on the shoulder for Run Gp 4 -
 I owe you. Worker assignments were shuffled, people volunteered to work more
than one group and the event ran fairly smoothly with an incident near the end.
Quick action by event people got the situation handled so that by the end of
the day we still had Fun Runs. Those who stayed were rewarded with runs they
couldn't have dreamed of getting earlier that day! Everyone was walking with
HUGE smiles on their faces!! We have to run that course again some dry day. It
was such a blast in optimal conditions. Thankyou Peter for the design!
                                                Chris McKinney  '95 MR2 E-Stock