Re: how much oil does your neon use? (busted pt cruiser)

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: how much oil does your neon use? (busted pt cruiser)
From: "G Stock 5 SFR" <gstock5sfr@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:44:57 -0700
As far as I know the 2.0 neon motor and the 2.4 motor use the same bottom
end. Many people have swaped a 2.4 motor into the first generation Neons.
They say it is nearly a direct bolt in. I would think you could go the other
way but why? The 2.4 motor has more torque than the 2.0 and a rebuild would
cost about the same. I would think the quote for the work at the dealer
would include a new bottom end $2000 for my car. When my car spun 2 rod
bearings I was quoted the same cost. I rebuilt the motor myself for around
$1200 in parts and machine work.

Did the car spin a bearing or actually break a rod? I would go to a few
different dealers or contact Chrystler directly to try to get the work done
under warranty. I know if you complain enough you can still get a headgasket
changed on a first gen neon under a partial warranty.

My car uses a quart of oil every 2000 miles.

Patrick
#5 G-Stock 98 Neon ACR