Re: Memberships at Registration?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, CMerritt@luminous.com,
Subject: Re: Memberships at Registration?
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:17:13 -0500
One of the key reasons we no longer allow people to sign up and run the
same day is Rubber Checks.
We don't need any more. Not only were we losing the entry fee money, we
were forwarding, by separate check the money to Nationals. When the check
BOUNCED we were out BOTH the entry fee AND the membership dues 'cause
National doesn't give refunds.
        And the above scenario was happening all too often.

        Plus there is a behavior problem with people who are just there for
a one-day joy ride. Making people be card-carrying members solved a bunch
of problems.

--John Kelly