Road trips on race tires?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Road trips on race tires?
From: "Bryan Heitkotter" <bryan64@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:40:32 -0800
There's going to be a big national MR2 club meet this spring in Vegas.
Festivities will include track time at the road course at Las Vegas Motor
Speedway.  I'll obviously want to bring my race tires for that. :)  Problem
is, they won't all fit in the car (yeah yeah, everyone laugh it up! ;)).
Suppose I drove out there on some V700s (either ECSTAs or Victoracers, not
sure which I'll end up with yet).  Would that be much of a problem for them,
in terms of their autox/track performance after a few hundred miles of
highway driving?

Bryan Heitkotter | 87 MR2
http://www.pbase.com/bryanh
Straightaways are for fast cars. Corners are for fast drivers.