FW: Philip Plotkin obituary

To: "Team. Net (E-mail)" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: FW: Philip Plotkin obituary
From: "Miller, Reginald R." <reginald.miller@unisys.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:21:07 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Haugland [mailto:mrbobnodie@softcom.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 4:40 PM
To: Lee Sutton
Cc: Kathy Wolfskill; Chris Valentino; Al Terpak; Miller, Reginald R.; Andy
MR2 McKee; Kevin McCormick; The Martins; Geoff Fishead Leicester; Matt
Leicester; Tom Kubo; Joseph Kruskamp Jr.; Darron Haworth; Dennis Peggy Hale;
Brad or Christine Gates; Mary Flinn; Bill Fleig; Ned Dickson; Debbie
Cunningham; c.kannan@attbi.com; Derek Butts; Ken & Janet Breza; Sean Breese;
Mike Bibinoff
Subject: Philip Plotkin obituary

Jim's dad died this morning at 1:15am at Queen of the Valley Hospital in
Napa. More will be known at a later date, but apparently cancer was the
cause of death. Jim and his brother, Scott were present throughout the whole
three week (hospital) ordeal. Philip was 79, a retired Air Force Major. With
over 30 years of service to his credit, he flew over 40 different types of
planes and served his country in at least three wars; WW II, Korea, and Viet
Nam. He taught flying for a while and I'm told that he even crashed a
trainer once in Mexico. The last plane he flew was the C 130, but his
favorite was the P 51 Mustang. It's obvious to me where Jim gets his moxie
from. Phil will be missed.  Look for the official obituary in the paper.