Re: Anyone doing STX for the slush series?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyone doing STX for the slush series?
From: Joe Ciarcia <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:41:10 -0700 (PDT)
--- "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
wrote:
> But will it keep the sound level under 95 dbA?
>
> --John Kelly

Most definitely. The WRX with a straight pipe from the
cats back would still probably be under 95 dB SPL A
weighted at 100 feet under WOT (although I've never
heard it... just a guess). Out of curiousity we fired
up Ed's car for a few seconds with the catback
removed. I was expecting it to be deafening but it
wasn't at all (I'd say it was about 10 dB quieter than
your Lotus at idle). I do have to live with the
exhaust as a daily driver mind you, and I'm not very
keen on pissing off the neighbors. There's already
some moron around the corner with one of those rolling
subwoofers that plays it at like 1 in the morning at
full tilt while he's getting home (I have no
opposition to rolling subwoofers... it's the 1 in the
morning part that bothers me).

Joe

=====
Silly little Yahoo advert follows...