RE' classing Stock cars in SCCA

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE' classing Stock cars in SCCA
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 13:42:25 -0400
Rex Tener has just led me to Section 13 of the 2002 Solo II regs.

It's must reading for all SEB members and potential SEB members.

Three things here:
        1) I did not know my statement about the "1000 cars" wasn't true,
otherwise I wouldn't have made it.
        2) I have just re-read "13.Stock Category" and realized you are
absolutely correct.
        3) And the part about "1000 cars" must be explained to the SEB so
they can quit throwing that out as a reason for not classifying a car.

        Specifically related to the Elise, the rule says it has to be
licensable and Lotus says that can't happen right now.
        But you can purchase one from Lotus if you really want one.
        The same holds true for a Caterham 7. What is amazing to me is that
my pal Joe Hawkins got his Caterham 7 licensed for the street and that came
about related to the Cal legislature passing a bill to allow 500 special
kinds of cars to be licensed. I think the bill was aimed at Street Rods.
The funny part is the Street Rod guys had already figured that part out.

--John Kelly