Re: Caterham 7s

To: Barry Spencer <bspencer@tsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Caterham 7s
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 17:14:28 -0700
> > werent many of these built with a toyota motor?

James, I think that some other outfit does build a 7 replica with the
Toyota 4AGE engine.  There are a lot of companies that make 7
replicas, and there's even a book on how to build one yourself on the cheap.

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 04:16:10PM -0700, Barry Spencer wrote:
> 7's are lots of fun around town. I drove a BDA 7 with 200 + hp :>) down 880
> a few months ago with two 18 wheelers each side of me :>((( It was scary to
> say the least.
>
> Barry

Barry, I have got to wonder if it wasn't you I saw blasting down I-80
about three years ago when I came out to interview for my current
job.  There I was, between Cordelia and Davis, and I looked out the
window of my rental Neon and saw the top of a helmet hovering there.
Then a little bitty car zipped around me -- it was a Seven!  Cool.
Then I noticed I could see over his roll bar to the trunk of the Camry
in front of me!  That's when I realized that it's a fun car, but
probably not so much fun surrounded by tractor trailers and SUVs that
are jockeying for position at 45MPH...

I still want one.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson